Modesto Reservoir is OPEN with restrictions.
- Beginning July 1st, day-use and (developed) camping will be open to everyone.
- Boat numbers for day-use will still be metered (75 at Woodward / 50 Modesto).
- Non-residents can make camping reservations with dates that begin July 1st or after.
- Reservations for developed campsites can be made at www.reserveamerica.com.
- Undeveloped camp sites remain CLOSED.
- We will be limiting access to one additional vehicle entering with a boat, but the additional vehicle must be in line at the same time.
- No regulations on kayaks, canoes, or non-motorized fishing boats.
- No pets are allowed at Modesto Reservoir
- Total developed site available: 171/Modesto, 79/Woodward
- First-come first-serve developed sites have limited availability
- ALL Group picnic areas are closed to reservation and the public
- All other RESTRICTIONS previously posted remain in effect.
- Check back often for updates.
Modesto Reservoir Regional Park is located at 18143 Reservoir Rd., a few miles from the town of Waterford, just off Highway 132. It offers over 3,200 acres of land and 2,800 acres of reservoir for recreation and camping. For camping reservations, please visit ReserveAmerica.com.
- Campsites with full hookups
- Picnic shelters
- Picnic tables
- Archery range
- Radio control electric airplane field
Campsites are Located at:
Areas A, B, C, D
Reservations available at: ReserveAmerica.com
- Water/jet skiing
- Bird watching
- Waterfowl hunting (with permit)
There is a great variety of natural wildlife in the area, and for those who love to fish, we often restock the fish population at the reservoir with traditional Rainbow Trout, Redear Sunfish, Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, and Bluegill. To preserve the reservoir’s water, no pets or gasoline containers are allowed at Modesto Reservoir.
*Swim and boat at your own risk, as water levels fluctuate.